Home | News | Android

Archive

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ZoneScreen: Use HTC HD2 as secondary screen

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Video of me using my HD2 as a secondary screen on Windows XP. PS: I'm not the developer of the software, just a user ;)

More info @ www.zoneos.com/zonescreen.htm

Installation steps:
1. Make sure you're running Windows XP, I couldn't get this to work on Windows 7 :S
2. Connect your device via USB using Active Sync, this gives the best performance (WiFi & Bluetooth should work though)
2. Go to the website and download the ZIP for Windows Mobile & MSI installer for Windows XP
3. Install ZoneScreen on PC, start the wizard.
4. Select "Run as server" in PC wizard
5. Select "Display 2" and set resolution (in my case I had to add a new resolution, using the Options menu in the wizard; 32 bits, 480 width, 800 height)
Use default TCP port
6. Leave frames per second as is, tweak later. My HD2 works @ 32 fps.
7. Click start in wizard, minimize window to taskbar
8. Extract downloaded ZIP to Mobile device, run zserver.exe
9. Select "Run as client"
10. Use default TCP port, enter host computer name (use Winbutton + Pause on PC, go to second tab to find the computername)
11. Click next
12. Enjoy!



Labels:

0 comments:

Blogger Theme By:Google Android .