Home | News | Android

Archive

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

APPROVAL: GCF approves the Samsung GT-I5800 & GT-I5801 Android Smartphones [UPDATE]

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Global Certification Forum (GCF) just recently approved the Samsung GT-I5800 and Samsung GT-I5801, which are expected to be another Android smartphones by Samsung. According to the GCF, both - the GT-I5800 and the GT-I5801 - will support quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE as well as dualband UMTS/HSDPA at 900/2100 MHz. Earlier this month, the WiFi Alliance unveiled (PDF) that the I5800 will also feature WiFi b/g/n as well as the Bluetooth SIG approved the I5801 - with Bluetooth 3.0. The Samsung I5801's UA profile furthermore confirms, that the GT-I580x is an Android smartphone, running an ARM11 CPU and that the smartphone features a HVGA (240 x 480) touchscreen.

There's yet no official photo or Samsung announcement available but several sources on the Internet call the GT-I5800/GT-I5801 either Galaxy 3 or Galaxy Spica 2 (which makes more sense since the original Galaxy was the GT-I7500 but the first Galaxy Spica was the GT-I5700). Also the lack of HSUPA make both devices entry level devices, like the original Spica while the Galaxy series of Android devices represents Samsung's high-end smartphones.
There's no word on the street about planned release dates but since the GT-I580x have received GCF, WiFi Alliance and Bluetooth SIG approvals, it can't take too long anymore that either the one or the other will hit Europe and/or Asia soon. However, it's yet totally unclear why both smartphones seem to be identical but carrying different model numbers.

UPDATE: The GCF also approved the Samsung GT-I5801 which was added to the text above.

source



Labels:

0 comments:

Blogger Theme By:Google Android .