Home | News | Android

Archive

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[PRJ] GVV 0.2 - Google Visual Voicemail [5/1]

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The lack of a Google visual voicemail for Winmo has pissed me off for long enough, so now I've take it upon myself to resolve this great injustice.

Submitted for your enjoyment GVV:

Details:
Google visual voicemail is a semi-offline client for Google voice. You can view and play your voice messages as well as mark them read/unread and delete them.

When updating, message text is downloaded to a local cache that can be viewed at any time. Audio is downloaded the first time you click play and is stored for future use.

You must update manually by going to menu->update. If you need automatic VM checking, let me know and I'll try to get it into a future version.

GVV has been tested on a Touch Pro 2 and a Treo Pro, all resolutions should be supported, let me know if you experience layout problems.

You must have .netcf 3.5.

Want something else? You know what to do.

Instructions:

1. Install cab.
2. On first launch you'll get a "could not log in" error. Click ok, click menu and click settings.
3. For username, enter your full gmail address (ie. you@gmail.com) and for password your password.
4. Click save (click ok on the popup) then click cancel.
5. Click menu and click update.
6. On the first run it'll probably complain about a missing file, click ok.
7. Enjoy.


Known Issues:
On rare occasions I've seen COM errors when trying to talk to WMP and Exceptions (Outofmemory usually) from SenseSDK.

SenseSDK makes the transcript item too long and may cut off some transcript text. This seems to be a bug in the way the item is designed, I don't think I can fix it.

Deleting messages is quirky...
When deleting a message very quickly after starting the app, the cache xml may still be locked. This shows an error message and causes the message to go to trash online but stay in the local cache. I'm looking into this.
Also I can't seem to remove items at will with this version of SenseSDK, deleted items will be marked as such but will not disappear until the next update.

Disclaimer:
I provide this software As-Is, with no warranty or guarantee of any kind. I take no responsibility for any damage that this program may cause, including but not limited to: resets, hard resets, device explosions, account bans, and/or data loss.

Thanks to:
eboelzner for his Sense Interface SDK.
msullivan for the code to get _rnr_se, thanks for posting your source dude.

source



Labels:

0 comments:

Blogger Theme By:Google Android .